Life's Abundance Premium Pet Food

Life's Abundance Premium Pet Food
Treat your Petz Today!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Why do I do what I do? My so called life as an Entrepreneur

Why do I do what I do?  
My so called life as an Entrepreneur
Part 1: March 9, 2011
I am embarking on my adventure in blogging with the inaugural edition of my new blog, Mypetzshoponline.  The first topic of my blog is: Why do I do what I do?  My so called life as an Entrepreneur.  The blog posting is as much a rhetorical question as it is an attempt to answer this question for myself and my family.  My intention is to write about my busy life, entrepreneurship, pet care, pet nutrition, helping abused/neglected pets & strays, helpful tips and tricks, family life, shopping, traveling and saving money.  I hope you enjoy reading it and will share with your friends and family.
I am a wife, a mom, a full time professional in the Aerospace industry, an entrepreneur (at least trying to be).  My life is quite busy, I work full time and I have internet businesses, tend my home children, family & pets.  I wish I had more free time, but I thrive on the challenge and desire to be successful and live a fulfilling life.
I work hard on a daily basis to try to make my business ventures work.  I don’t know what the outcome will be in the future, but I am willing to give it my all for the near future.  I know that my persistence and hard work will eventually pay off.  I know my family thinks I’m crazy and feels that I’m not really doing anything—but they don’t understand my work!  It takes a lot of behind the scenes action to make any business thrive!  It is definitely a challenge when your business is also your part time job.  I go from my day job to my “fun” job immediately after work.  I end up spending about 15 hours a day on the computer.  It’s exhausting but I love it!
I have always had a dream to fulfill my destiny and become an entrepreneur.  Perhaps this strong sense of business acumen came from my dad.  I have always looked up to him and his success in the business world.  Unfortunately in 1983, in my senior year the most inconceivable thing happened I lost my dad, my hero, my mentor in an instant.  It was only the beginning of my senior year of school on September 15th when my dad died suddenly of a massive heart attack at only 41 years old.   In the year that my dad died he was just beginning to really shine in the business world and was promoted to VP of sales for his employer.  We were starting to see some of the rewards that his success was bringing to the family that year.  There was a new car and a family trip was planned for that coming summer when I graduated from high school.  But on that September day all of the family dreams were dashed and my brother and I were forced to live the rest of our lives without our family’s provider, our dad.  I know this was especially hard on my mom living her life without her husband and family provider.  I was young and I had a whole future ahead of me.  I went to college after high school and graduated in four years with a BSBA degree from Chapman University with a major in Marketing.  

I married my high school sweetheart the summer after I graduated from college and began my career of working for someone else.  I have continually worked full-time in various industries and positions since 1988.  Even after the birth of my two daughters I continued to work full time.  So many times I wished that I could do something else that would allow me to make an income and still be able to spend more time with my family.  In 2004, we took a leap of faith and purchased a franchise and were going to risk everything to have our own business.  Although we ended up getting out of the franchise agreement in 2005 after due diligence proved that the costs seemed to outweigh the proposed profit margins.  Since that time I have continually been of potential business ideas. 
In the summer of 2009 I began cleaning out my daughter’s triple closet.  Instead of giving away all of the designer and expensive and barely used clothing, I decided to start selling on Ebay.  I quickly came to the realization that anything can sell if you match up the right item with a buyer!  I was amazed at the random items that sold.  From there my Ebay store: KayMarShopz was born.  I began selling whatever I could get my hands on: new items, upscale rescale items.  I shopped at thrift stores, estate sales and even retail looking for any hard to find, designer brand or unique items that I could sell.
 I launched my first internet store in January 2010.  The biggest problem in having an ecommerce web store is marketing your site or Search Engine Optimization.  I am still struggling with this concept on how to get the site published and out in the world or worldwide web.  I don’t have a big budget for the SEO aspect, so getting sales is an issue.  It seems people are finding my site from all over the world, but they are not necessarily buying. I keep asking myself and searching for answers on “How can I get more qualified leads and targeted traffic?”
Through my constant quest to find an internet business that actually made money, I created a second store called: My Petz Shop Online that sold a large variety of pet supplies.  Again, I found that the competition was too great and this business did not take off. 
It was not until the third quarter of 2010 that I decided I should go with an established Network Marketing Company that I could leverage a track record and proven marketing system.  I ended up choosing two companies that I became a representative for. 
Stay tuned for the next edition Part 2 of Why do I do what I do?  My so called life as an Entrepreneur to find out about the businesses that I am so passionate about!















No comments:

Post a Comment